VelocitySBA, LLC - SBA Underwriter - TX
Texas, USA Req #1338
Thursday, October 15, 2020
VelocitySBA a division of Velocity Vehicle Group, is hiring an SBA Underwriter in Texas. This role is currently remote as we work through the COVID-19 environment.
- Spread and analyze financial information of loan applicants and evaluate the information according to internal Credit Policies & Procedures.
- Order 3rd party reports (e.g. Appraisal, Environmental, or Business Valuation) with approval from Credit Administrator and/or Chief Credit Officer.
- Responsible for underwriting and conducting due diligence of SBA 7a loan transactions under the supervision of the Credit Administrator and Chief Credit Officer.
- Prepare Credit Memorandum and ensure it is underwritten to the policies and procedures of Crossroads Small Business Solutions and the SBA.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans and ensuring that loans are processed according to customer needs and conforming to internal lending policies.
- Exercise discretionary and independent judgment in preparing and recommending credit approval to the Management Loan Committee.
- Coordinate with the Closing Team to efficiently process transactions.
- Minimum 5-7 years of underwriting and spreading of SBA 7(a) loans
- Professional speaking and presentation skills
- Intermediate understanding and knowledge of SBA eligibility and guidelines
- Ability to identify and mitigate credit risks
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements, business reports and legal documents
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proficient business writing skills
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military service, or any other basis protected by law.
- Texas, USA