Sales and Business Development Intern
The Sales & Business Development Department is responsible for generating revenue for the Green Bay Packers organization through the sale of corporate sponsorships. The department is also responsible for managing the relationships with corporate partners.
Interns will be responsible for assisting the Sales & Business Development staff in day to day operations of the department. This includes, but is not limited to: client / partner relations, proposal research and development as well as category analysis and emerging trends.
This is a paid internship and entails 40+ hours during the work week (Monday-Friday). Interns must be present in the office (internship cannot be completed remotely). The approximate time frame for this position is one full year starting in early to June 2020 through June 2021. The official start/end date is subject to change and will be dictated by the Packers.
- Prepare Sales & Business Development documents for clients. Examples may include: sales decks, client communications and supporting data/research.
- Join Sales & Business Development staff at select meetings with partners.
- Assist with day-to-day Sales & Business Development administrative needs.
- Assist with client hospitality on game days, training camp and special events.
- Assist with the coordination of various Sales & Business Development activities during training camp, including, but not limited to: client hospitality visits, sales presentations and real-time development of pitches and supporting details/data.
- Assist with coordinating, planning, and developing case-studies and best practices to be used in future renewal and prospecting activities for the sales team.
- Develop and identify new emerging categories, trends and opportunities for Packers business development team to seek out.
- Conduct research and develop relevant data and narrative for current and prospective sponsorship prospects.
- Assist with coordination and execution of Sales & Business Development game day elements.
- Daily computer work, power point documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (junior status minimum) in related field.
- Previous work experience in sports marketing and/or sports marketing events outside of classroom work required. Example: internship/volunteer time with a sports team or athletic dept.
- Internship and/or part-time experience with other sports teams preferred.
- Above average communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to handle various projects at one time while performing at a very high level.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, within a team environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to reach, stoop, and lift on a frequent basis.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Operates in a professional office environment.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment.
This job description has been approved by management. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing, and duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Intern
- Required Education Some College
- 1265 Lombardi Ave, Green Bay, WI 54304, USA