DO & CO The Gourmet Entertainment Company – A passion for hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky: As a listed Austrian company with the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, we offer gourmet entertainment all over the world. We operate 31 locations in 11 countries on 3 continents, maintaining the highest standard of quality in both our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly – sometimes beyond our own expectations. The most important ingredient in our premium recipe is our staff of 11,000 employees, each and every one of whom has a strong personality and a passion for hospitality. They shape our company with their personal dedication and commitment. We give our all to provide them with an environment in which they can realize their full potential.
New York | Chicago | Los Angeles | Detroit | London | Paris | Milan | Barcelona | Frankfurt | Düsseldorf | Berlin | Munich | Istanbul | Kiev | Warsaw | Seoul | Vienna
DO & CO just landed in Detroit and is currently seeking its first Head Chef to join its growing team.
The ideal candidate oversees the culinary management of the unit and combines food expertise with business tactics in order to meet business needs and clients expectations. Manages culinary team and maintains high standards of quality, Hygiene and food safety
- Manage day-to-day Kitchen operations and culinary team.
- Execute Daily Food Service, Quality, Technique, Portion, Presentation and Food Cost Control.
- Examine the freshness of ingredients and conduct food tastings Estimate Food Consumption and Requisition of Food Purchase.
- Standardize Production Recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Ensure continued growth of overall catering: Cost, Quality, Presentation and Innovation.
- Collaborate with Unit Manager on expense tracking for accurate financial projections and with other department heads on bids, development and other related events.
- Support management with Catering Proposals, Menu Pricing and Menu Innovation.
- Track food costs while Managing Vendors to provide Standard Cost-efficient Products
- Ensure that appropriate Maintenance and Safety Standards are followed and that kitchen team strictly adheres to state and federal regulations when it comes to food storage, handling and preparation and other safety and sanitation codes involving culinary utensils, kitchen equipment and overall cleanliness
- Implement and maintain Culinary Excellence Standards.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise all culinary activities
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an executive Kitchen position
- Bachelor’s degree in culinary
- Demonstrated knowledge of current catering industry trend
- Diverse and multi-lingual teams
- Complimentary employee meals
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Holiday pay, paid time off, sick days
- Career advancement
To learn more about DO & CO, Please visit www.doco.com
DO & CO Detroit, Inc. is a new business, and is not affiliated with any existing employers currently operating at the employment location. The terms of conditions of employment with DO & CO Detroit, Inc., including position requirements, wages, salaries and benefits, will be different from those currently offered by other employers at the employment location. Employees currently working at the employment location are encouraged to apply, but should not expect terms and conditions of employment to remain unchanged.
- Pay Type Salary
- W Service Dr, Detroit, MI 48242, USA