Senior Field Systems Engineer
COCC performs essential work in its support of financial institutions. We are continuing to grow our workforce and are looking for top talent to join our Top Workplace!
COCC delivers complete enterprise processing solutions to financial institutions throughout the northeastern United States. Listed among American Banker's FinTech 100 and the Inc. 5,000 fastest growing companies in the nation, COCC inspires the industry with innovation and top quality support. Designated as a Top Workplace in Connecticut, COCC recognizes employees as the core of our success! COCC offers a progressive training program to support employees in personal and professional development.
What we need...
We are seeking a senior level customer-facing Field Systems Engineer to join our team. This role delivers industry standard recommendations and implementations for customer networks and provides network design, system engineering, consulting and support at client sites.
What’s in it for you…
All of the benefits you’d expect from an award winning employer plus:
- A robust employee training and development program
- Generous PTO offering as well as competitive pay and benefits
- On-site fitness center
- Tuition Reimbursement
- One on one career coaching
- Financial planning assistance with certified professionals
- Fun employee events such as company outings, trivia, sports leagues wellness events
- Peer recognition programs
- Laptop provided
- Mileage reimbursed at IRS rate; phone expense reimbursement provided
- Flexible hours and home office when not traveling
- Bonus potential
What you’ll do…
- Support of banks PCs, servers and networks – Virtual and Physical
- Design/Install/Upgrade/Troubleshoot Servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Perform preventative maintenance and help manage security for servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Plan and document upgrades and security of servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Diagram and document existing servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Create and send a follow up letter for each client visit detailing work performed and recommendations
- This position routinely requires 100% travel
What you'll bring...
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in IT customer service and supporting networks
- Strong customer service and professional client facing skills
- 2+ Advanced Certifications (i.e. VCP, MSCE, CCNA) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining COCC
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to recommend complete infrastructure strategies
- Expert Microsoft Server knowledge; Active Directory, SQL and Exchange
- Expert Active Directory troubleshooting tools
- Expert level desktop deployment skills utilizing imaging tools
- System migrations; Ability to design, operate and maintain Microsoft Networks
- Advanced understanding of windows scripting and ability to create custom scripts
- Heavy reliability during outages
- Ability to train others will be required
- Ability to design, operate, install, configure and maintain:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008-2019
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Vista – 10
- Standard Windows applications
- Custom Windows applications
- Commitment to developing and maintaining technical proficiency
- Ability to work longer and irregular hours when the need arises including on weekends
Accessibility - If you’re a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please let us know by calling 860-678-0444 or emailing TalentManagement@cocc.com. Please specify the help you need and we’ll be happy to get back to you!
- Connecticut, USA
- Massachusetts, USA
- New York, USA
- Ohio, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Rhode Island, USA