Principal Advisor - Strategy, Policy, Plans & Programs
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
Lead and support large or complex projects related to CNA, work and act as a subject matter expert, recognized across CNA. Applies specialized expertise in complex and high visibility projects. Becomes a partner with project directors or managers by providing them advice that can help develop shape and guide projects.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Works independently to lead and manage the largest and/or most complex and significant projects that address a subject of expertise.
2. Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts to conduct research and analysis in support of projects within a given subject of expertise. Has a strong knowledge of other related fields and/or has developed a deep expertise within discipline.
3. Lead the preparation of project reports and briefings.
4. Provide expert level knowledge and expertise related to project development.
5. Identify and pursue business development opportunities related to a subject of expertise.
6. Develop and maintain professional contacts with decision makers and contract administrators at targeted agencies.
7. Lead the development of proposals and marketing efforts in areas of expertise.
8. Advise management on planning, pursuit and success related to projects associated with proven areas of expertise.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 12+ years’ experience in the field(s) of expertise.
3. Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of best thinkers and policy practitioners in related fields. Good project management and computer skills.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator (none)
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America