Safety & Security Research - Research Analyst - GIS/STATS Specialist
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
Serve as an important contributing team member on projects or lead smaller/less complex activities. Demonstrate analytical competence, particularly in the areas of statistical or geospatial analysis.
Job Duties and/or Responsibilities
1. Develop sound analytic frameworks and associated analytic methodologies/ techniques for addressing both structured and unstructured problems. Consistently produce high quality analysis.
2. Develop and maintain broad, general institutional knowledge of primary clients/sponsors; their culture, organization, and issues.
3. Support business development efforts and/or marketing activities by maintaining strong client relationships through high quality work, increasing the visibility of our work, and other related activities such as proposal preparation.
4. Interact with sponsors/clients under the supervision of an experienced colleague, and with study POCs independently.
5. Make significant contributions to research publications and analytic products for individual projects.
6. Generate compelling visualizations of quantitative datasets, and qualitative data or process diagrams. Communicate results of work in a clear and concise fashion. Effectively communicate one-on-one and in groups. Document work efficiently and accurately. Effectively present work to colleagues, sponsors, and small audiences that are familiar with content.
7. Work with minimal or no guidance on focused, well-structured pieces of projects. Work under closer supervision on more complex, less-structured tasks. Serve as task lead for pieces of projects by managing own activities. May lead small projects under the supervision of an RTL/CMD.
8. Exhibit a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues and clients/sponsors. Provide clear guidance to colleagues on tasks. Take responsibility for own actions and outcomes.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Minimum Master’s degree in criminal justice, or a relevant field or equivalent experience, PhD preferred.
2. Experience: Typical minimum requirements Ph.D. & 0+ years or Master’s & 2+ years of experience in research and analysis. including a combination of: --Geospatial analysis software such ArcGIS or MapWindow for mapping, data visualization, and analysis. --Statistical analysis in one or more software packages. --Coding experience and ability to develop programs for mathematical computations.
3. Skills: Ability to make significant contributions to projects/analyses; Strong analytic curiosity/ creativity; Ability to operate independently in the execution of assignments; Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment; Strong critical thinking skills; Knowledge of research techniques; Strong planning and organizational skills; Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; Ability to interact positively and somewhat independently with clients.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path I - Research
- Pay Type Hourly