Data Analyst I - Data Science Team
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
JOB DECRIPTION/ DUTIES
Data Analysts I in the Data Science Program work on projects to develop advanced analytics and algorithms for the Department of the Navy and other government agencies to ensure America's defense in the 21st century. Data Analyst I learn CNA's unique approach to analytics that combines an understanding of the technical capabilities with insights acquired from up close and current experience with real-world military operations.
1. Leverage R and/or Python to develop machine learning models for, e.g., regression, classification, natural language processing, and/or image recognition.
2. Develop an understanding of Navy and Marine Corps operations, maintenance, supply, training, and personnel datasets.
3. Extract, transform, load (ETL) data from various data sources in order to initiate analysis.
4. Conduct data preparation including cleaning, wrangling, joining, and converting data in order to provide a useable analytic dataset.
5. Conduct Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) to include the use of data visualizations (e.g. Dash, MATPLOTLIB, R Shiny, ggplot2, Power BI, etc.), correlations, empirical/theoretical distributions of data, and summary statistics.
6. Apply statistical methods including descriptive and inferential techniques using parametric and nonparametric statistics.
7. Communicate analysis and results clearly, concisely and precisely.
8. Support projects by analyzing complex datasets and using effective visualizations of data in their results.
9. Serve as an effective team member by fulfilling assignments in a timely and efficient manner. Works cooperatively and accepts guidance and direction from others. Exhibits a positive attitude, and takes responsibility for own actions and outcomes.
10. Interact with functional peers within the organization, as well as sponsors / clients/ vendors; sometimes with guidance from others. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual, but somewhat varied and complex information.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Programming, Statistic or related field or equivalent experience required.
2. Experience: Relevant experience demonstrated from course work and/or relevant work history including internships.
3. Skills: Ability to construct effective briefings using MS PowerPoint and intermediate skills with MS Word and Excel and other standard software packages. Ability to apply machine learning techniques, building models (statistical, mathematical, simulation, etc.) in programming languages such as R or Python. Ability to analyze complex datasets using effective visualizations of data in achieved results; skilled in programming, statistics, machine learning, and data visualization. Working knowledge of data and information management analysis techniques and best practices.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Security Clearance.
**Note: To be considered for this position, please upload your transcripts**
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Technical
- Job Function Career Path I - Research
- Pay Type Salary
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America