A500 Energy - Account Manager
The account manager oversees assigned projects and contingent staff assignments in order to ensure that work is completed to the clients satisfaction and within stated timeframes and budget; works collaboratively with account lead and other account managers as appropriate to develop statements of work and budgets; provides excellent customer service with clients as well as internally to all departments and staff within the company; develops and maintains effective relationships within and between the talent and client team. The account manager provides reports, budgets, invoices, and staff evaluations within stated timeframes. Account managers also track and manage contingent staff assignments, including extensions, end dates, early ends, etc. The account manager acts as primary point of contact for all employee relations questions and issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and talent.
- Generate recommendations for business strategies and identify future business opportunities.
- Partner with client managers to understand client business needs and translating them into the implementation of effective solutions and partnering with internal employees to ensure we are maximizing our growth potential.
- Work with client and talent to determine and manage client service expectations and to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Forecast project costs and maintains project budget.
- Monitor day-to-day activities of talent and ensure work is progressing as planned. Address issues with talent as necessary.
- Work with other account managers to continually improve the quality, efficiency, and capacity of the business.
- Identify emerging issues and problems.
- Ensure that time sheets are approved, invoices are submitted, and regular reports are sent to clients.
- Track and manage contingent staff assignment extensions and end dates.
- Develop and expand talent relationship as a resource for candidate referrals.
- Act as primary point contact for employee issues.
- Provide coaching and counseling in the areas of employee development, performance management, training, and employee relations.
- Partner with Human Resources to resolve issues.
- Provide employee with client feedback.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven excellent customer service and networking skills and ability to maintain strong relationships with clients.
- The ability and confidence to flourish in a challenging and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong negotiation/closing skills and creative follow through skills.
- Excellent conflict and problem resolution skills with an ability to focus quickly on the key issues.
- Ability to work successfully with teams and to creatively and respectfully collaborate with peers.
- Analytic ability including familiarity with financial analysis tools, budgets, and business planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area.
- 3+ years of account or project management experience in software, technical documentation, or staffing industry.
We are a global workforce solutions company that helps organizations find, grow, and support their most valuable resource - people. More than 30 years ago, we invented the creative and marketing staffing speciality. We continue to be the largest creative staffing firm in the world. By challenging conventional wisdom, we continuously innovate across talent, services, and technology within the creative space and beyond.
Vitamin T/Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
- Houston, TX, USA